The Tale of a Bookworm

The story circles a young boy who is so desperate in finding what happened three years back. The boy, Adam, found out something that the others denied its existence; a secret organization. The quest put him at gunpoint when another guy was eager to destroy the truth of the organization when the guy has found out that Adam was searching for it too.

The secret organization had put the entire school in terror as they stole all the documents that is the proof of all the students schooling there; meaning the first form to the fifth form never learn there. It's now up to Adam to find it and unveil the truth of the organization as well as finding why they do that before the others destroy the organization and the documents.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Sword and Spear- part 2

“Hello, young man. I see you going down the mountain. Did you just cross the mountain? I haven’t found any passage yet. Have you found any? I’d like to know one,” the man from the said. He’s certainly an adventurer. “But, later perhaps. I’m on my way to the Barrister city. You might want to follow me, young man. What’s your name?”
“I’m Alex . . . Alex . . . Jo . . . Johnson,” replied Alex.
“Well, Alex. My name is Frederick Goldrake. Just call me Frederick. Now, get in and tell me about the passageway.”
Alex gets into the carriage and they ride to Barrister castle while Alex tells him about the passageway across the mountain. They journeyed for two days and at sunrise they reached the castle walls. It’s looked like a fortress from outside and big city on the inside.
“Frederick, what do you want to do here?” asked Alex.
“I’m a trader. I sell tea for a profit.”
“Where?”
“There, my own house of tea,” he was pointing to a small house that has been turned into a shop. Written above the shop was ‘The House of Tea’. “You will help me work. I’ll pay you as a gift of helping me and my shop and telling me about the passageway.”
He led Alex into his shop and through the back door and straight into his new room.
“You will start working tomorrow,” Frederick said cheerfully. Alex had nothing but his cloth and his sword. And he chose to put down his sword. As he put the sword down onto his bed, Frederick took the sword from his hand.
“You’re carrying a sword in my house. Hide it where no one can find it. Those guards can’t see it or they’ll catch you,” he warned Alex about it. Then he rushed out of his room.
The next day both of them worked like nothing had happened to both of them. Both handle the shop well. Nothing great happened to them the whole week and then the whole month still nothing happened. Alex was wealthy now as he had a lot of money. He feels like staying there forever.
But one night, his life was changed. It started when Frederick brought home a piece of parchment with Alex’s real name on it with one full description of his face. He is a wanted man right now.
“What is this? What is this! Your name’s on it. Your real name doesn’t it, Alexander Jones? You’ve got two thousand gold coins on your head. Don’t you know what will happen? Bounty Hunters, mercenaries, and some desperate people who need money will come after you in this very house. And I’ve helped to hide you,” said Frederick angrily. He calmed himself down and said “You can’t stay. Many have seen you here. Leave while you still can.”
“Why? There’s no threat here.”
“You think so? This is the Jagged Sword’s headquarters. That’s why!”
“No! I won’t leave. I like it here. I have to stop this menace once and for all!” vowed Alex bravely.
“You mean by killing the king? Hmm . . .” he started thinking about it. After a long pause, he finally said “That could be done. But you need help. I’ve been thinking. If I’ve helped you hide, I can continue help you because the king will kill your subordinate too, like me.”
“So you’re going to help me?”
“Yes. We’ll kill him tonight. This very same night.” decided Frederick happily. He moved to his room to take out something. Then he came back with a lot of sword on his hands. “We’ll need these along the way. Now go get your sword.”
Alex took the sword he had hidden under his bed and rushed back to the living room. Frederick had worn a black cloth and a mask too to hide his face. He has put two swords around his waist and two on his back leaving three more swords. He also carries a rope and a bow and a few arrows on his back. He gestured to him the swords left and said ”Those swords are for you. Use the sword wisely. I know you had a fine claymore but use those as well.”
“What’s a claymore?”
“Your sword,” replied Frederick “I’ve supplied you two falchions and a long sword but you don’t have to bring the long sword with you. Just take those falchions with you.”
“Is this a falchion?” asked Alex when he took the shorter sword.
“You don’t even know any sword’s name do you? Yes, it is a falchion, silly. Now quickly dress in black so no guards would see you.”
After both dressed, they set for the palace walls and climbed at one side. When they reached the top, they saw three guards patrolling around the palace. There was a window ahead and they decided to go in that way with the help of an arrow tied up with a rope. They tied the rope and launch it to the window there at the back of the guards.
Alex hangs onto the rope with both hands and slowly moves forward. The guards didn’t realize it as Frederick hangs himself to move to the window. There was no one in the room and they moved to the wall slowly. They opened the door slowly and they spied around the corridor. No one was in sight. Both moved door to door stealthily to search for the king.
Inside each door, they’ve found nothing. No chair, no people, and definitely no king. It’s just beds. This is just some kind of guest’s rooms. The search continues to the lower levels. They found the throne room and decided to go there. The door was so large. When they got inside, they only found themselves covered with guards.
“It’s such foolish of you to enter the throne room with just one assistant. I know it’s you, Alexander Jones. Take off your mask,” the king said.
“Alex, did you think you can take care of these guards?”
“Maybe we can.”
Both charged out to handle the guards with their hands holding the falchions. They’ve kill the guards easily as they thought they can kill such a sword experts. Within ten minutes all the guards lay dead upon the ground. More guards approaching from the door but Frederick stopped Alex and told him to kill the king.
“I’ll hold them.”
“Alright,” He set down the falchions and he withdraws the claymore and set for the king. He saw the king terrified and he lifts his own sword.
He moved forward and swings the sword towards him. The king blocked his blow and he lunges the sword to Alex’s chest. The attacked too was blocked easily. Alex next attack gives him a blow on the king’s belly and that blow knocked him back. The king didn’t give up so easily and he tries to stab Alex on his chest but he was dodged by Alex easily. And that dodge gives him a chance to swing at the king’s head.
The attack hit his rear chest instead of head. And that blow cost him his life. So dies the king of this city and the leader of the Jagged Sword faction. But one must first decide who will be the next king.
“The king is dead!” shouted one guard. All the guards are standing inside the room before the door. All have seen the king’s death.
“Who will be the next king?” shouted one.
“The killer is the next king for the king has no heir.”
“That shall be it,” shouted another one.
“No, I won’t be the king. He will be your king,” he pointed to Frederick.
“Me? No! I’m not a king. I’m just a mere trader,” replied Frederick.
Alex observed for a while to see all the dead body. “A mere trader who killed hundreds of guards, I suppose.”
Everyone in that room did not speak. Silence was all around them. Everyone looked at Alex and Frederick repeatedly. Alex put the sword back on his back and he signalled for Frederick to come forth. Now, both of them stood in front the throne.
“Everyone who wants the king to be me, raise your hand,” instructed Alex. The number of the people who raise their hands was more than he thought. Then, he continued “Everyone who thinks he is a strong man and he is the right person to sit on the throne and command you to battle, and you will follow his lead, raise your hand.”
This time the number was numerous. Many these people want Frederick to be their next king. These people trusted him for the power of a king and a faction leader.
“You are the king Frederick,” said Alex. Then, he bowed. All guards bowed too. The sight of respect is unspeakable. Everyone bowed. The morning sun rose through the windows. The square window above the door shines the light to the throne and it shines cheerfully.
“Arise my loyal guards. And my friend. A friend who helps me to be a king. Tell me, what do you want for return,” asked Frederick.
Alex rose in respect. Then he said “Make your allegiance with the Flailing Spear faction. Now, the sword and spear will be united.”
“That can be made. What else?”
“Get me a ride home. And maybe I can make a tea house there,” said Alex.
So goes the wanted man, as a free man now, back to home. There he build his own tea house and he is a friend of Aaron once again as he survived as a spy. The two factions unite and the city of Falchion is once more under the protection of the Flailing Spear, this time with the help of the Jagged Sword. And the hero, Alex, was in peace once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things about Izzat

Izzat always says:
"I afraid of the dark, as I feel like I am the part of the darkness."
"I afraid to be lonely, as I feel like I am plunging into darkness."
"But, I like to be lonely in the dark."
"I hate to climb up stairs, as I feel it could take forever."
"But, I always walk up the stairs slowly."
"I do it because I am thinking about my problems."
"I hate that."
"That is why I ran."
"To cast away my problems."
"And sitting lonely in the dark."
"That soothes me."
"However, I never bring my problems to my sleep."